West Kent Breweries Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
West Kent DA.jpg

West Kent Breweries Ltd, Upper Elmers Road, Beckenham, Bromley, Greater London.

Established prior to 1847 when owned by James Turner. Run by William Snelling and auctioned upon his retirement in 1869.

Traded as E.Stillwell 1874, Arthur Peacock & Co 1877 and Pontifex & Hall 1882.

Registered as above May 1888 to acquire the Norwood Brewery, the West Kent Brewery, the Crown Brewery, Lewisham and the Pioneer Brewery, Chelsea. Partnership dissolved October 1892 and the West Kent Brewery passed to McMullen & Sons Ltd. in 1890.

Brewing was transferred to T.Bailey & Co's Berkshire Brewery, Camberwell 1900.

Premises sold to the Notting Hill Brewery Co Ltd. by 1908. Later used as Kempton's Pie factory.

Demolished in 1960s and a block of flats erected on the site.


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 16,000
Description : Hercules with club
Date of Application : 8/9/1879
Used Prior to 1870? : NO