West Country Breweries Ltd
West Country Breweries Ltd, 256 High Street, Cheltenham GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Registered 15th April 1888 as the Cheltenham Original Brewery Co. Ltd to acquire the business of J.T.Agg-Gardner founded in 1760. Name changed to Cheltenham & Hereford Breweries Ltd. 1945 when the Hereford & Tredegar Brewery Ltd. was acquired and was later renamed again to Cheltenham Brewery Holdings Ltd. Merged with the Stroud Brewery Co. Ltd. 1958 to form West Country Breweries Ltd. with 1,275 tied houses. Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. 1963 and was known as Whitbread Flowers Ltd. Closed 1998 and demolished in 2004.