Wenlock Brewery Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Wenlock gg.jpg
Wenlock.jpg
Wenlock ff.jpg
1896 map

Wenlock Brewery Co. Ltd, Wenlock Road, Hoxton, London N1

Operated by Richard Alfred Glover until 1887. Registered 1893 to acquire Glover, Bell & Co.

During the 1920s, the Wenlock brewed for Eldridge, Pope & Co. Ltd of Dorchester when the latter suffered a fire in their brewery.

Acquired by Worthington & Co. Ltd as a subsidiary of Bass, Ratcliff & Gretton Ltd. 1953. Bass had already acquired 80% of ordinary share capital. Brewery closed 1962.



Images of the brewery


Pubs


Labels, etc