Difference between revisions of "Webbs (Aberbeeg) Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
Line 11: Line 11:
 
Brewing ceased in 1969. Used as a depot until 1988 but demolished by 1997.
 
Brewing ceased in 1969. Used as a depot until 1988 but demolished by 1997.
  
 +
'''[[List of Webbs (Aberbeeg) Ltd pubs]]'''
  
 
'''An assortment of images of the brewery'''
 
'''An assortment of images of the brewery'''

Latest revision as of 15:53, 21 September 2020

Messrs. Webb Brothers & Co., New Brewery, Aberbeeg, Monmouthshire. Brewers’ Journal 15th March 1905
Webbs Aberbeeg letter.jpg
Webbs Aberbeeg aa.jpg

Webbs (Aberbeeg) Ltd, Aberbeeg, Blaenau Gwent (formerly Monmouthshire)

Founded by William Webb 1838. Private company registered 10th December 1900 as J.R.& T.A.Webb Ltd. to acquire Webb Brothers & Co, brewers and the name was changed as above in 1905. Public company registered 1942.

Acquired by Northern Breweries of Great Britain Ltd in 1960 with 88 public houses.

Brewing ceased in 1969. Used as a depot until 1988 but demolished by 1997.

List of Webbs (Aberbeeg) Ltd pubs

An assortment of images of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 203,613
Description : Barrel and picks and shovel
Date of Application : 30/03/1897
Used Prior to 1870? : NO