Ward & Co. Ltd
S H Ward & Co. Ltd, Sheaf Brewery, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
Founded by William Roper and John Kirby in 1837 at the Sheaf Island Brewery, Effingham Street. Septimus Henry Ward joined in 1868.
Acquired William Bradley's Soho Brewery, Ecclesall Road in 1876 and renamed it the Sheaf Brewery and transferred operations.
Registered February 1896.
Acquired by Vaux Breweries Ltd. 1972 with 102 tied houses.
Brewing ceased 1999 and premises are now accommodation.
Various images of the brewery
The brewery in 1991