Walter S Mott, Three Counties Brewery, Studham Lane / Chapel Walk, Dagnall, Buckinghamshire.
Bankrupt and for sale 5th September 1904 but was withdrawn at £1,475. Property then sold separately.
George Crutcher provided the following notes:
The Brewery was established circa 1896 as Harris and Smith New Brewery, and became Harris Smith and Mott in 1899, and then WS Mott Three Counties Brewery from about 1900.
WS Mott was declared bankrupt in 1904 and the business put up for sale by the Official Receiver, but there were no takers. It was eventually sold to W Wilson who was associated with Roberts & Wilson Ltd of Ivinghoe. The latter operated the maltings which Mott had leased from Fuller Smith & Turner (FST) for some years, and appear to have ultimately purchased them from FST, as they were amongst the properties purchased by Benskins when they took over Roberts and Wilson in 1927.
Despite the bankruptcy of WS Mott, and the purchase of the business by Wilson, he is listed at the Three Counties Brewery until at least 1912, although Locke & Smith Ltd of Berkhamsted appear to have become involved in the business in 1905. It is not clear when brewing at the Three Counties Brewery ceased.
Part of the brewery building remains, much altered, as a private house.