Difference between revisions of "Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 4: Line 4:
 
<big>'''Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd''', ''Trafalgar Brewery, 24 Trafalgar Street, Manningham Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire.''</big>
 
<big>'''Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd''', ''Trafalgar Brewery, 24 Trafalgar Street, Manningham Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire.''</big>
  
Brewery erected in 1853 for C.Waller & Co. Registered September 1887 as Waller & Son Ltd.  
+
Designed by architect Joseph D Wood, of Colmore Chambers, Newhall Street, Birmingham, a specialist consulting engineer for the brewing and malting industry, the buildings were erected in 1853 for C.Waller & Company. Registered September 1887 as Waller & Son Ltd.  
  
The brewery was sold to the Midland Railway in 1914 and brewing was transferred to [[Brear & Brown Ltd]]'s Hipperholme Brewery. Plant for sale July 1917. Re-registered as Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd in June 1925. Acquired by [[Leeds & Wakefield Breweries Ltd]]. in 1935.  
+
The brewery was sold to the Midland Railway in 1914 and brewing was transferred to [[Brear & Brown Ltd]]'s Hipperholme Brewery. Plant for sale July 1917. Waller’s ceased to brew beer here in 1916 and a chocolate company, a firm of drum manufacturers and an oil company all ran businesses from the buildings.
 +
 
 +
Re-registered as Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd in June 1925. Acquired by [[Leeds & Wakefield Breweries Ltd]]. in 1935.  
  
 
* '''[[List of Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd. pubs]]'''
 
* '''[[List of Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd. pubs]]'''

Latest revision as of 11:38, 30 May 2020

Messrs. Waller & Son Ltd., Trafalgar Brewery, Bradford, Yorkshire. Pneumatic Maltings, Offices & Stores. 15th January 1908
Waller Bradford.jpg

Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd, Trafalgar Brewery, 24 Trafalgar Street, Manningham Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Designed by architect Joseph D Wood, of Colmore Chambers, Newhall Street, Birmingham, a specialist consulting engineer for the brewing and malting industry, the buildings were erected in 1853 for C.Waller & Company. Registered September 1887 as Waller & Son Ltd.

The brewery was sold to the Midland Railway in 1914 and brewing was transferred to Brear & Brown Ltd's Hipperholme Brewery. Plant for sale July 1917. Waller’s ceased to brew beer here in 1916 and a chocolate company, a firm of drum manufacturers and an oil company all ran businesses from the buildings.

Re-registered as Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd in June 1925. Acquired by Leeds & Wakefield Breweries Ltd. in 1935.


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 96,333

Description  : Ox & W&S monogram
Date of Application  : 7/3/1890

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO