Difference between revisions of "Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(8 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[Image:WALLER.JPG|thumb|Messrs. Waller & Son Ltd., Trafalgar Brewery, Bradford, Yorkshire. Pneumatic Maltings, Offices & Stores.  15th January 1908]]
 
[[Image:WALLER.JPG|thumb|Messrs. Waller & Son Ltd., Trafalgar Brewery, Bradford, Yorkshire. Pneumatic Maltings, Offices & Stores.  15th January 1908]]
 
[[image:Waller Bradford.jpg |thumb]]
 
[[image:Waller Bradford.jpg |thumb]]
<big>'''Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd, ''' ''Trafalgar Brewery, 24 Trafalgar Street, Manningham Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire.''</big>
 
  
Brewery erected in 1853 for C.Waller & Co. Registered September 1887 as Waller & Son Ltd. The brewery was sold to the Midland Railway in 1914 and brewing was transferred to [[Brear & Brown Ltd]]'s Hipperholme Brewery c.1917.  
+
<big>'''Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd''', ''Trafalgar Brewery, 24 Trafalgar Street, Manningham Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire.''</big>
  
Re-registered as above in June 1925.  
+
Designed by architect Joseph D Wood, of Colmore Chambers, Newhall Street, Birmingham, a specialist consulting engineer for the brewing and malting industry, the buildings were erected in 1853 for C.Waller & Company. Registered September 1887 as Waller & Son Ltd.  
  
Acquired by [[Leeds & Wakefield Breweries Ltd]]. in 1935. Trafalgar Brewery demolished 1953.
+
The brewery was sold to the Midland Railway in 1914 and brewing was transferred to [[Brear & Brown Ltd]]'s Hipperholme Brewery. Plant for sale July 1917. Waller’s ceased to brew beer here in 1916 and a chocolate company, a firm of drum manufacturers and an oil company all ran businesses from the buildings.
 +
 
 +
Re-registered as Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd in June 1925. Acquired by [[Leeds & Wakefield Breweries Ltd]]. in 1935.  
 +
 
 +
* '''[[List of Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd. pubs]]'''
  
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
Walker Bradford 1953.jpg|The brewery in 1953
+
WallerBradfordBrewery1953.jpg|The brewery in 1953
 +
BradfordWallerBryDemolition1953_BradfordArgus.jpg|Demolition of the brewery in 1953: courtesy Bradford Telegraph & Argus
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
 +
 +
{{Trade Mark |regno = 96,333|desc=Ox & W&S monogram|date=7/3/1890|seventy=NO}}
 +
 +
 +
 +
[[category:West Yorkshire]]

Latest revision as of 10:38, 30 May 2020

Messrs. Waller & Son Ltd., Trafalgar Brewery, Bradford, Yorkshire. Pneumatic Maltings, Offices & Stores. 15th January 1908
Waller Bradford.jpg

Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd, Trafalgar Brewery, 24 Trafalgar Street, Manningham Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Designed by architect Joseph D Wood, of Colmore Chambers, Newhall Street, Birmingham, a specialist consulting engineer for the brewing and malting industry, the buildings were erected in 1853 for C.Waller & Company. Registered September 1887 as Waller & Son Ltd.

The brewery was sold to the Midland Railway in 1914 and brewing was transferred to Brear & Brown Ltd's Hipperholme Brewery. Plant for sale July 1917. Waller’s ceased to brew beer here in 1916 and a chocolate company, a firm of drum manufacturers and an oil company all ran businesses from the buildings.

Re-registered as Waller's Bradford Brewery Ltd in June 1925. Acquired by Leeds & Wakefield Breweries Ltd. in 1935.


Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 96,333
Description : Ox & W&S monogram
Date of Application : 7/3/1890
Used Prior to 1875? : NO