Ulster Brewery Co. Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ulster letter head 01.jpg
Ulster letter head 02.jpg
Ulster Brewery Belfast.jpg

Ulster Brewery Co. Ltd, Fountain Brewery, Glen Road, Belfast.

Thomas R Caffrey & Sons built the Fountain Brewery in 1897 to replace their Smithfield & Hannahstown Road breweries.

Registered December 1925 as Thomas R.Caffrey & Son Ltd. Ceased brewing in 1950.

Registered as above in 1952.

Acquired by Northern Breweries of Great Britain Ltd in 1960 and became Charrington Kinahan.

Became Bass Ireland c.1989. Later part of Interbrew (Inbev) but closed 2004.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 327,116
Description : Label design
Date of Application : 23/09/1910
Used Prior to 1870? : NO


Registration No : 352,281
Description : Label design
Date of Application : 31/05/1913
Used Prior to 1870? : NO