Difference between revisions of "Truman, Hanbury, Buxton (Burton)"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 26: Line 26:
  
 
'''An assortment of images of the Burton on Trent brewery:'''
 
'''An assortment of images of the Burton on Trent brewery:'''
 
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
 
Trumans Burton Mill room possibly London.jpg  
 
Trumans Burton Mill room possibly London.jpg  
Line 33: Line 32:
 
Trumans Burton Mash Room.jpg  
 
Trumans Burton Mash Room.jpg  
 
Trumans Burton Copper House.jpg  
 
Trumans Burton Copper House.jpg  
 +
Trumans Brewery Burton railway.jpg
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
 +
 
[[category:Staffordshire]]
 
[[category:Staffordshire]]

Latest revision as of 11:55, 21 October 2019

From 1951
Announcing the opening of the Burton brewery
Burton letterhead
OS map of the brewery, 1882

Truman, Hanbury, Buxton & Co. Ltd, Black Eagle Brewery, Derby Street, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire

A brewery was established here by Phillips Bros. of Northampton between 1860 and 1865. Bought by Trumans: Truman, Hanbury & Buxton & Co. Ltd in 1873 and rebuilt.

Closed in 1971 and 73 tied houses were sold to Courage. Demolished in 1972-1973.

The site has been redeveloped for housing and commercial uses.


The brewery features in The Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland by Alfred Barnard published 1890.


An assortment of images of the Burton on Trent brewery: