Trent Brewery Co. Ltd
Trent Brewery Co. Ltd, Anglesey Road, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire.
A new brewery was built in 1881 for Thomas Sykes of Liverpool. Anglesey Road was previously called Sykes Street and Kimmersitch Street.
In 1888, Sykes acquired the Waterloo Brewery in Hall Street, Stockport and its pubs, and closed that brewery.
After Thomas Sykes' death in 1889, the company was registered as Sykes Brewery Co. Ltd, acquiring the Trent Brewery and the Albion Brewery, Pope Street, Birmingham (see Silver's George & Dragon Brewery).
It became Trent Brewery Co. Ltd in 1893. Voluntary liquidation June 1896.
The brewery was leased by Everards Ltd in 1898, and the freehold acquired by Everards in 1903. By 1932, it became the company's only brewery, when its Southgate Brewery in Leicester ceased brewing.
The Trent Brewery was renamed the Tiger Brewery in about 1970 but was closed 1983. Everards vacated the premises in 1984, and the following year it was occupied by the Heritage Brewery Ltd (Burton).
An Ordnance Survey extract from 1900. The brewery to the south is Peter Walker & Co. Ltd's Clarence Brewery. "Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland" http://maps.nls.uk/index.html:
Views of the Brewery: