Difference between revisions of "Threlfall & Co Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 43: Line 43:
Threlfalls Blue Label ad 1930.jpg  
Threlfalls Blue Label ad 1930.jpg  
{{Trade Mark |regno = 497,654|desc=Whisky label|date=01/12/1928|seventy=NO}}

Revision as of 13:34, 18 October 2015

The original Liverpool site.
The Liverpool site in 1980s.

Threlfall's Brewery Co. Ltd, 21 Trueman Street, Liverpool, City Centre, Merseyside

Established in 1818 in Crosbie Street as Thomas Threlfall & Co. Purchased Lloyd & Gurden's brewery in Trueman Street in 1849, demolishing the Crosbie Street brewery in 1860. Cook Street brewery acquired in 1861, having earlier acquired the Greengate Brewery in 1850. Registered March 1888 to amalgamate J.M.Threlfall & W.A.Matheson, 3/7 Juvenal Street. From 1961 known as Threlfall Chesters Ltd. Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd. 1967 with 800 licensed houses.

Trueman Street closed October 1982.

The Salford site in 2011. Still standing and still very much in use.

Threlfall's Brewery Co Ltd, Cook Street Brewery, Salford, Greater Manchester

John Mayor Threlfall of Liverpool purchased from Lupton and Adamthwaite in 1861. Registered in 1888. Acquired by Whitbread & Co. Ltd in 1967 and brewing ceased 1988.

Still standing in residential use.

The Salford Brewery in the 1990s and 2000s.

The Liverpool Brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 497,654

Description  : Whisky label
Date of Application  : 01/12/1928

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO