Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd
Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd, Barley Mow Brewery, Church Row, Limehouse, London E14.
Founded 1730 as Hare & Salmon, Fore Street, Stepney. Partnership of Edward Vickeris Taylor and Truman Harford by 1796, then John Vickeris Taylor, John & Isaac Walker and Samuel Jones in 1816.
The Barley Mow Brewery was rebuilt in 1889. Registered March 1907.
Acquired by Ind Coope Ltd in 1959 with 1,360 houses & off-licences and brewing ceased in 1960.
The Taylor Walker name was later adopted as a brand by the Spirit Pub Co, then by Greene King.
Images of the brewery
Some Taylor Walker pubs
The Blue Anchor, Stepney, 136 White Horse Street, London E1
Half Moon, 84 Essex Road, London N1
Hope & Anchor, 74 Crowndale Road, Camden Town, London NW1
From the 1961 sale catalogue
The demolition of the brewery
Labels, Publicity, etc