Difference between revisions of "Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 35: Line 35:
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
 
File:Brown Bear Leman St TW.jpg|The Brown Bear, 139 Leman Street, London E1
 
File:Brown Bear Leman St TW.jpg|The Brown Bear, 139 Leman Street, London E1
File:Blue Anchor  Stepney TW.jpg|The Blue Anchor, Stepney. London E1
+
File:Blue_Anchor_Stepney_TW.jpg|The [[Blue Anchor, Stepney]], 136 White Horse Street, London E1
 
File:N1HalfMoonAlpaca2020a_Tris_Sept20.jpg|[[Half Moon, Islington|Half Moon]], 84 Essex Road, London N1
 
File:N1HalfMoonAlpaca2020a_Tris_Sept20.jpg|[[Half Moon, Islington|Half Moon]], 84 Essex Road, London N1
 
File:CamdenTownHope&Anchor1.jpg|[[Hope & Anchor, Camden Town|Hope & Anchor]], 74 Crowndale Road, Camden Town, London NW1
 
File:CamdenTownHope&Anchor1.jpg|[[Hope & Anchor, Camden Town|Hope & Anchor]], 74 Crowndale Road, Camden Town, London NW1

Revision as of 11:11, 25 September 2020

Messrs. Taylor, Walker & Co’s., New (Barley Mow) Brewery, Limehouse, London E14. Brewers' Journal 15th October 1889
Taylor Walker Limehouse 2.jpg
TW Muswell Hill.jpg
Taylor Walker Limehouse.jpg
Taylor Walker.jpg

Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd, Barley Mow Brewery, Church Row, Limehouse, London E14.

Founded 1730 as Hare & Salmon, Fore Street, Stepney. Partnership of Edward Vickeris Taylor and Truman Harford by 1796, then John Vickeris Taylor, John & Isaac Walker and Samuel Jones in 1816.

The Barley Mow Brewery was rebuilt in 1889. Registered March 1907.

Acquired by Ind Coope Ltd in 1959 with 1,360 houses & off-licences and brewing ceased in 1960.

The Taylor Walker name was later adopted as a brand by the Spirit Pub Co, then by Greene King.


Images of the brewery


Some Taylor Walker pubs


From the 1961 sale catalogue


The demolition of the brewery


Labels, Publicity, etc

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 520,018
Description : Labels
Date of Application : 03/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870? : NO


Registration No : 520,019
Description : Labels
Date of Application : 03/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870? : NO


Registration No : 520,020
Description : Labels
Date of Application : 03/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870? : NO