Difference between revisions of "Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 4: Line 4:
 
[[File:Taylor Walker Limehouse.jpg|thumb]]
 
[[File:Taylor Walker Limehouse.jpg|thumb]]
 
[[File:Taylor Walker.jpg|thumb]]
 
[[File:Taylor Walker.jpg|thumb]]
[[File:Carlsberg Scarab 1950s.jpg|thumb]]
+
 
<big>'''Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd, '''''Church Row, Limehouse, London E14.''</big>
+
<big>'''Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd''', ''Church Row, Limehouse, London E14.''</big>
  
 
Founded 1730 as Hare & Salmon, Fore Street, Stepney. Partnership of Edward Vickeris Taylor and Truman Harford by 1796, then John Vickeris Taylor, John & Isaac Walker and Samuel Jones in 1816.  
 
Founded 1730 as Hare & Salmon, Fore Street, Stepney. Partnership of Edward Vickeris Taylor and Truman Harford by 1796, then John Vickeris Taylor, John & Isaac Walker and Samuel Jones in 1816.  
Line 14: Line 14:
  
 
The Taylor Walker name was later adopted as a brand by the Spirit Pub Co, then by Greene King.
 
The Taylor Walker name was later adopted as a brand by the Spirit Pub Co, then by Greene King.
 
  
 
* '''[[List of Newham & Co pubs]]'''
 
* '''[[List of Newham & Co pubs]]'''
Line 38: Line 37:
 
File:CamdenTownHope&Anchor2.jpg|Hope & Anchor, 74 Crowndale Road, Camden Town, London NW1
 
File:CamdenTownHope&Anchor2.jpg|Hope & Anchor, 74 Crowndale Road, Camden Town, London NW1
 
File:Taylor Walker pub Ilford White Horse.jpg|The White Horse, 93 High Road, Ilford, Essex
 
File:Taylor Walker pub Ilford White Horse.jpg|The White Horse, 93 High Road, Ilford, Essex
 +
File:Carlsberg Scarab 1950s.jpg|The Artichoke, Croxley Green, Herts
 
File:Taylor Wlker Britannia.jpg|The Britannia. Where is/was this pub?
 
File:Taylor Wlker Britannia.jpg|The Britannia. Where is/was this pub?
 
File:Royal Oak TW.jpg|The Royal Oak. Where is/was this pub?
 
File:Royal Oak TW.jpg|The Royal Oak. Where is/was this pub?

Revision as of 17:12, 23 September 2020

Messrs. Taylor, Walker & Co’s., New (Barley Mow) Brewery, Limehouse, London E14. Brewers' Journal 15th October 1889
Taylor Walker Limehouse 2.jpg
TW Muswell Hill.jpg
Taylor Walker Limehouse.jpg
Taylor Walker.jpg

Taylor, Walker & Co. Ltd, Church Row, Limehouse, London E14.

Founded 1730 as Hare & Salmon, Fore Street, Stepney. Partnership of Edward Vickeris Taylor and Truman Harford by 1796, then John Vickeris Taylor, John & Isaac Walker and Samuel Jones in 1816.

The Barley Mow Brewery was rebuilt in 1889. Registered March 1907.

Acquired by Ind Coope Ltd in 1959 with 1,360 houses & off-licences and brewing ceased in 1960.

The Taylor Walker name was later adopted as a brand by the Spirit Pub Co, then by Greene King.


An assortment of images of the brewery


Some Taylor Walker pubs


From the 1961 sale catalogue


The demolition of the brewery


Labels, Publicity, etc

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 520,018
Description : Labels
Date of Application : 03/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870? : NO


Registration No : 520,019
Description : Labels
Date of Application : 03/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870? : NO


Registration No : 520,020
Description : Labels
Date of Application : 03/02/1931
Used Prior to 1870? : NO