Stockwell Brewery Co. Ltd
Stockwell Brewery Co. Ltd, 16 Stockwell Green, London SW9
Founded 1730. Several owners recorded from 1801; Charles Hammerton obtained an interest in about 1868. Registered as Charles Hammerton & Co. Ltd 1902. Registered as Stockwell Brewery Co. Ltd on 25th February 1937.
The Brewery buildings were demolished in 1965, and the site redeveloped as housing in 2010.
They acquired the following breweries:
- Whicher & Co, Kingston Brewery, Portsmouth in 1915
- Frampton Brothers of Christchurch in 1934 - used as a depot until 1957
- Commercial Brewery Co. Ltd os Stepney in 1937
- H. H. & R. J. Saunders, Wallington Brewery, Fareham, brewery and 8 pubs in 1944
- Kenward & Court Ltd, Hadlow in 1945 with about 40 pubs. Brewing ceased 1949.
Some images of the brewery
Some examples of the products of the brewery