Spread Eagle Hotel, Leicester

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Spread Eagle Hotel, 2 Church Street (Upper Charles Street), Leicester, Leicestershire

In 1852, Mr Miller obtained building approval to rebuild a brewhouse and offices at the rear of the pub (plan no. 1852/372). A further plans submission in 1889 showed the brewhouse converted to a kitchen and stable.

The pub was acquired by Robinson's Brewery Ltd of Burton on Trent by 1908. Then in connection with the widening of Charles Street in 1929, Robinsons rebuilt the pub behind the old inn.

Demolished in 2006, and the site has been redeveloped.