Difference between revisions of "Robert Meiklejohn & Son"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 12: Line 12:
  
  
<big>''' Robert Meiklejohn & Son, ''' '' 27 St.Enoch Square , Glasgow , Strathclyde .''</big>
+
<big>'''Robert Meiklejohn & Son, '''''27 St.Enoch Square, Glasgow, Strathclyde.''</big>
  
 
Trading in 1887. Acquired by [[Maclachlans Ltd]] in 1923.
 
Trading in 1887. Acquired by [[Maclachlans Ltd]] in 1923.
 +
 +
{{Trade Mark |regno = 3,264|desc=Bass Rock|date=4/3/1876|seventy=19 years}}

Revision as of 19:13, 23 October 2015

Robert Meiklejohn & Son, Bass Crest Brewery, Candlerigg, Alloa, Central.

Founded 1774 by Robert Meiklejohn and moved to the Candleriggs Brewery 1787 and c.1852 to the Grange Brewery, the Candleriggs Brewery being leased to George Younger & Sons Ltd 1852 and was sold to them in 1871.

Registered as Meiklejohn's Brewery Ltd. March 1890.

Wound up April 1900 but they continued to trade as the Bass Crest Brewery Co.

Acquired by Bass, Ratcliff & Gretton Ltd 1918 after a lengthy dispute over trademarks.

Brewery sold to George Younger & Sons Ltd. 1919. Brewing ceased 1941.


Robert Meiklejohn & Son, 27 St.Enoch Square, Glasgow, Strathclyde.

Trading in 1887. Acquired by Maclachlans Ltd in 1923.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 3,264
Description : Bass Rock
Date of Application : 4/3/1876
Used Prior to 1875? : 19 years