Rigden & Co Ltd
W E & J Rigden Ltd, Court Street, Faversham, Kent
Founded in the early 1700s by Edward Rigden.
Registered 1902 as Rigden & Co.
Merged with George Beer & Co. 1922 to form George Beer & Rigden, not being limited until 1927.
Was acquired by Fremlins Ltd. in 1948 and brewing ceased 1954.
Production recommenced in 1961, coming under the control of Whitbread after Fremlins acquired in 1968.
Brewery closed 1990 but buildings remain intact.
An assortment of images of the brewery
The brewery in 2007. Courtesy Steve Peck.