Rigden & Co Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 15:55, 4 July 2016 by Bhadmin (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An advert from 1858
Rigdens-Advert-1936.jpg

W E & J Rigden Ltd, Court Street, Faversham, Kent.

Founded in the early 1700s by Edward Rigden.

Registered 1902 as Rigden & Co.

Merged with George Beer & Co. 1922 to form George Beer & Rigden, not being limited until 1927.

Was acquired by Fremlins Ltd. in 1948 and brewing ceased 1954.

Production recommenced in 1961, coming under the control of Whitbread after Fremlins acquired in 1968.

Brewery closed 1990 but buildings remain intact.


An assortment of images of the brewery