Rigden & Co Ltd
W E & J Rigden Ltd, Court Street, Faversham, Kent
Founded in the early 1700s by Edward Rigden. Registered in 1902 as Rigden & Co.
Merged with George Beer & Co. Ltd in 1922 to form George Beer & Rigden, not being limited until 1927.
Was acquired by Fremlins Ltd in 1948 and brewing ceased 1954.
Production recommenced in 1961, coming under the control of Whitbread after Fremlins acquired in 1968.
Brewery closed 1990 but the buildings remain intact, some converted to a supermarket.
An assortment of images of the brewery
The brewery in 2007:
The brewery in 2019:
From the collection of Roy Denison