Difference between revisions of "Rigden & Co Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 2: Line 2:
 
[[File:Beer & Rigden Faversham 1948.jpg|thumb]]
 
[[File:Beer & Rigden Faversham 1948.jpg|thumb]]
 
[[File:Rigdens-Advert-1936.jpg|thumb]]
 
[[File:Rigdens-Advert-1936.jpg|thumb]]
 +
[[File:Rigden Int.jpg|thumb]]
 +
[[File:Rigden Ext.jpg|thumb]]
 
<big>'''W E & J Rigden Ltd, ''''' Court Street, Faversham, Kent.''</big>
 
<big>'''W E & J Rigden Ltd, ''''' Court Street, Faversham, Kent.''</big>
  

Revision as of 11:48, 24 October 2016

An advert from 1858
Beer & Rigden Faversham 1948.jpg
Rigdens-Advert-1936.jpg
Rigden Int.jpg
Rigden Ext.jpg

W E & J Rigden Ltd, Court Street, Faversham, Kent.

Founded in the early 1700s by Edward Rigden.

Registered 1902 as Rigden & Co.

Merged with George Beer & Co. 1922 to form George Beer & Rigden, not being limited until 1927.

Was acquired by Fremlins Ltd. in 1948 and brewing ceased 1954.

Production recommenced in 1961, coming under the control of Whitbread after Fremlins acquired in 1968.

Brewery closed 1990 but buildings remain intact.


An assortment of images of the brewery