Difference between revisions of "Phillips, More & Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 22: Line 22:
 
File:Phillips & Wign label Mortlake.jpg
 
File:Phillips & Wign label Mortlake.jpg
 
File:Mortlake FVs 1964.jpg|The brewery in 1964
 
File:Mortlake FVs 1964.jpg|The brewery in 1964
File:Mortlake sample room.jpg
+
File:Mortlake sample room.jpg|The sample room
 
File:Mortlake site.jpg
 
File:Mortlake site.jpg
File:Mortlake Workers 1973.jpg
+
File:Mortlake Workers 1973.jpg|From 1973
 +
File:Watney Mortlake brochure 1970s (9).jpg|From a company brochure circa 1970
 +
File:Watney Mortlake brochure 1970s (8).jpg|From a company brochure circa 1970
 +
File:Watney Mortlake brochure 1970s (7).jpg|From a company brochure circa 1970
 +
File:Watney Mortlake brochure 1970s (6).jpg|From a company brochure circa 1970
 
File:Mortlake AS Hartrick.jpg
 
File:Mortlake AS Hartrick.jpg
 
File:Mortlake ax (1).jpg
 
File:Mortlake ax (1).jpg

Revision as of 10:04, 10 August 2019

Messrs. Watney, Combe, Reid & Co. Ltd., New Tun Room, Mortlake, London. Brewers' Journal 15th February 1902
The Mortlake Brewery Staff circa 1920.

Phillips, More & Co. Ltd, Mortlake Brewery, 14 Mortlake High Street, London SW14.

Founded at the near-by Manor House in the 15th Century.

Acquired by Charles James Phillips in the 1840s. Registered in June 1888 as More & Co. Ltd.

Acquired by Watney & Co. Ltd. in 1889. Watney amalgamated with Combe's and Reid's in 1898 to form Watney, Combe, Reid & Co. Ltd.

The Mortlake brewery was renamed the Stag Brewery in 1959 after the closure of Watney’s Stag Brewery in Pimlico.

After further changes of ownership (Elders XL 1990, Courage brewing 1991, ABInBev 2002), ABInBev closed the Mortlake Brewery and sold the site to developers in 2015.


BREWERS’ JOURNAL 15TH FEBRUARY, 1926


An assortment of views of the brewery


A view of the brewery site, March 2018. Courtesy Evelyn & Paul Williams