Difference between revisions of "Phillips, More & Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 24: Line 24:
 
File:Watneys Mortlake Brewery zx (4).jpg
 
File:Watneys Mortlake Brewery zx (4).jpg
 
File:Watneys Mortlake Brewery zc (3).jpg
 
File:Watneys Mortlake Brewery zc (3).jpg
File:Watneys Mortlake Brewery zx (2).jpgFile:Mortlake FVs 1964.jpg|The brewery in 1964
+
File:Watneys Mortlake Brewery zx (2).jpg
 +
File:Mortlake FVs 1964.jpg|The brewery in 1964
 
File:Mortlake sample room.jpg|The sample room
 
File:Mortlake sample room.jpg|The sample room
 
File:Mortlake site.jpg
 
File:Mortlake site.jpg

Revision as of 13:20, 25 November 2019

Messrs. Watney, Combe, Reid & Co. Ltd., New Tun Room, Mortlake, London. Brewers' Journal 15th February 1902
The Mortlake Brewery Staff circa 1920.

Phillips, More & Co. Ltd, Mortlake Brewery, 14 Mortlake High Street, London SW14.

Founded at the near-by Manor House in the 15th Century.

Acquired by Charles James Phillips in the 1840s. Registered in June 1888 as More & Co. Ltd.

Acquired by Watney & Co. Ltd. in 1889. Watney amalgamated with Combe's and Reid's in 1898 to form Watney, Combe, Reid & Co. Ltd.

The Mortlake brewery was renamed the Stag Brewery in 1959 after the closure of Watney’s Stag Brewery in Pimlico.

After further changes of ownership (Elders XL 1990, Courage brewing 1991, ABInBev 2002), ABInBev closed the Mortlake Brewery and sold the site to developers in 2015.


BREWERS’ JOURNAL 15TH FEBRUARY, 1926


An assortment of views of the brewery


A view of the brewery site, March 2018. Courtesy Evelyn & Paul Williams