Nottingham Brewery Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An advert from 1854.
Ordnance Survey extract from 1913. Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (http://maps.nls.uk/index.html)
Their entry in the Trade Mark Directory
Letterhead 1953
Highbury Hotel, Bulwell

Nottingham Brewery Ltd, 54-56 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire.

Founded by Messrs Long c.1847 as St Mary’s Brewery.

Edward Field acquired the firm c.1882 which was registered February 1887.

Acquired by Tennant Brothers Ltd of Sheffield, with 167 houses in 1944 and brewing ceased in 1952.


The brewery features in The Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland by Alfred Barnard published 1890.


Nottingham Brewery:

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 2,430
Description : Heraldic Shield
Date of Application : 22/02/1876
Used Prior to 1870? : NO

Registration No : 43,679
Description : Words "Nottingham Rock Ales"
Date of Application : 16/3/1885
Used Prior to 1870? : NO

Registration No : 283,104
Description : Pelham Pillar, Nettleton. TM for oatmeal stout
Date of Application : 19/05/1906
Used Prior to 1870? : NO

Registration No : 434,998
Description : Words "GLEN ROCK" for whisky
Date of Application : 08/03/1923
Used Prior to 1870? : NO

Registration No : 454,599
Description : Pale ale label
Date of Application : 17/12/1924
Used Prior to 1870? : Used From 1st March 1904