Difference between revisions of "Notting Hill Brewery Co Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 13: Line 13:
  
 
Brewery demolished c1930.
 
Brewery demolished c1930.
 +
 +
 +
'''[[List of Notting Hill Brewery Co Ltd pubs]]'''
 +
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
Line 19: Line 23:
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
  
 
+
''From the BBC TV series. Courtesy Keith Langridge.'''
'''[[List of Notting Hill Brewery Co Ltd pubs]]'''
+
<gallery>
 +
File:Notting Hill Bry BBC TV K Langridge (3).JPG
 +
File:Notting Hill Bry BBC TV K Langridge (4).JPG
 +
File:Notting Hill Bry BBC TV K Langridge (5).JPG
 +
File:Notting Hill Bry BBC TV K Langridge (1).JPG|An old map of London, 19th century as made by the Salvation Army originator, Lord Boothby.
 +
File:Notting Hill Bry BBC TV K Langridge (2).JPG
 +
</gallery>

Revision as of 18:09, 3 February 2017

An advert from 1899

Notting Hill Brewery Co. Ltd, 243 Portland Road, London W11.

Established c.1855 by W L & H Woodman and known as the Kensington Park Brewery then the Griffin Brewery.

In 1876 run by Charles Clarke.

In receivership October 1891.

Registered as above 1905.

Brewing ceased 1920 and 80 of the tied houses were sold to Whitbread & Co. Ltd, a number of these being resold to Charrington & Co. Ltd.

Brewery demolished c1930.


List of Notting Hill Brewery Co Ltd pubs


From the BBC TV series. Courtesy Keith Langridge.'