Difference between revisions of "Morrell's Brewery Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 17: Line 17:
  
  
'''Images of the brewery:'''
+
===Images of the brewery===
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
Line 36: Line 36:
  
  
'''The brewery in 1990:'''
+
===The brewery in 1990===
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
Line 46: Line 46:
  
  
'''The brewery in 1994:'''
+
===The brewery in 1994===
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
Line 66: Line 66:
  
  
'''During the conversion of the brewery in 2002. Courtesy Roy Denison:'''
+
===During the conversion of the brewery in 2002. Courtesy Roy Denison===
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
Line 80: Line 80:
  
  
'''The brewery gates in 2018:'''
+
===The brewery gates in 2018===
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
Line 88: Line 88:
  
  
'''Labels:'''
+
===Labels===
  
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>

Revision as of 19:01, 30 May 2020

1965
1970
1980
Courtesy Roy Denison
Courtesy Roy Denison

Morrell's Brewery Ltd, Lion Brewery, St Thomas Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Mark and James Morrell joined Edward Tawney's firm in 1797 and carried on after his retirement the next year. Registered April 1943 to acquire the business from Morrell's trustees.

Brewing ceased in 1998 and site developed into housing. Mainly demolished for houses.

The estate of 107 became a pubco and was sold to Greene King & Sons Ltd in 2002.


Images of the brewery


The brewery in 1990


The brewery in 1994


During the conversion of the brewery in 2002. Courtesy Roy Denison


The brewery gates in 2018


Labels