Difference between revisions of "Morgan's Brewery Co. Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 20: Line 20:
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
 
File:Morgans brewery zx (6).jpg
 
File:Morgans brewery zx (6).jpg
File:Morgans Brewery Norwich zb (2).jpg
 
 
File:Morgans brewery zx (7).jpg
 
File:Morgans brewery zx (7).jpg
 
File:Morgans brewery zx (1).jpg
 
File:Morgans brewery zx (1).jpg

Latest revision as of 15:43, 15 July 2019

Morgan Norwich 1953.jpg
Manns & Norwich.jpg

Morgan's Brewery Co. Ltd, Old Brewery, King Street, Norwich, Norfolk.

Possibly founded as the Conisford Brewery in 1563 although Morgans claimed foundation date of 1720.

Acquired by the Morgan Brothers in 1844. Registered March 1887 with 188 houses.

Controlled 600 tied houses by 1904.

Damaged by bombing in 1942. Acquired jointly by Bullard & Sons Ltd. and Steward & Patteson Ltd. after it went into liquidation with 450 houses and by prior arrangement transferred to Watney Mann in 1963.

Became the Norwich Brewery Ltd in 1976.

Brewing ceased April 1985 and most of the buildings demolished in 1989.

List of Morgan's Brewery Co Ltd pubs

An assortment of images of the brewery

An assortment of labels showing the products of the brewery.