Mellor & Sons Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 20:55, 10 August 2018 by Bhadmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

James Mellor & Sons Ltd, 14/24 Hunter Street (later 142/6 Boundary Street), Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside.

In 1804-07 Henry Orme recorded at 46-47 Hunter Street. In 1823 James Mellor & Co.

Rebuilt in 1882 to designs of Gregory & Haynes of Salford.

In 1905 Lion & Anchor TM registered and in 1914 became James Mellor & Sons Ltd.

Acquired by Higson's Brewery Ltd. in 1946 with 22 houses, having previously had a trading agreement with Walker Cain Ltd.


Two examples of the Mellor Trade Mark.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 2,838

Description  : Lion & Anchor
Date of Application  : 28/2/1876
Used Prior to 1870?  : 15 years


Registration No  : 2,839
Description  : Interlocked Triangles
Date of Application  : 28/2/1876
Used Prior to 1870?  : 12 years


Registration No  : 275,661
Description  : Leopard and anchor on shield
Date of Application  : 13/09/1905

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO