Difference between revisions of "Mellor & Sons Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<big>'''James Mellor & Sons Ltd, '''''14/24 Hunter Street (later 142/6 Boundary Street), Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside.''</big>
 
<big>'''James Mellor & Sons Ltd, '''''14/24 Hunter Street (later 142/6 Boundary Street), Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside.''</big>
  
Founded 1823. Registered 1914. Acquired by [[Higson's Brewery Ltd]]. 1946.
+
In 1804-07 Henry Orme recorded at 46-47 Hunter Street. In 1823 James Mellor & Co.
 +
 
 +
Rebuilt in 1882 to designs of Gregory & Haynes of Salford.  
 +
 
 +
In 1905 Lion & Anchor TM registered and in 1914 became James Mellor & Sons Ltd.
 +
 
 +
Acquired by [[Higson's Brewery Ltd]]. in 1946 with 22 houses, having previously had a trading agreement with [[Walker Cain Ltd]].
 +
 
 +
 
  
 
'''Two examples of the Mellor Trade Mark.'''
 
'''Two examples of the Mellor Trade Mark.'''

Revision as of 20:31, 14 April 2016

James Mellor & Sons Ltd, 14/24 Hunter Street (later 142/6 Boundary Street), Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside.

In 1804-07 Henry Orme recorded at 46-47 Hunter Street. In 1823 James Mellor & Co.

Rebuilt in 1882 to designs of Gregory & Haynes of Salford.

In 1905 Lion & Anchor TM registered and in 1914 became James Mellor & Sons Ltd.

Acquired by Higson's Brewery Ltd. in 1946 with 22 houses, having previously had a trading agreement with Walker Cain Ltd.


Two examples of the Mellor Trade Mark.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 2,838
Description : Lion & Anchor
Date of Application : 28/2/1876
Used Prior to 1870? : 15 years


Registration No : 2,839
Description : Interlocked Triangles
Date of Application : 28/2/1876
Used Prior to 1870? : 12 years


Registration No : 275,661
Description : Leopard and anchor on shield
Date of Application : 13/09/1905
Used Prior to 1870? : NO