Lorimer & Clark Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 13:43, 26 December 2020 by SteveP (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Caledonian Edinburgh.jpg
EdinburghLorimer&ClarkAd01.jpg

Lorimer & Clark Ltd, Slateford Road, Edinburgh, Lothian

Founded by George Lorimer 1865. Registered January 1920 with Vaux holding 2/3rds interest. Acquired by Vaux Breweries Ltd in 1946.

The Thomas Usher & Son Ltd estate of 214 tied houses were sold to Allied Breweries in 1980.

Vaux ceased brewing here in May 1987 and it is now operated as the Caledonian Brewery Co. Ltd.


Images of the brewery


Labels etc

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 88,594
Description : Tankard & motto
Date of Application : 30/3/1889
Used Prior to 1875? : NO