Lorimer & Clark Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Caledonian Edinburgh.jpg

Lorimer & Clark Ltd, Slateford Road, Edinburgh, Lothian

Founded by George Lorimer 1865. Registered January 1920 with Vaux holding 2/3rds interest.

Acquired by Vaux Breweries Ltd. 1946.

The Thomas Usher & Son Ltd estate of 214 tied houses were sold to Allied Breweries in 1980.

Vaux ceased brewing here in May 1987 and it is now operated as the Caledonian Brewery Co. Ltd.


Images of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 88,594

Description  : Tankard & motto
Date of Application  : 30/3/1889

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO