Lloyd's (Newport) Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 14:40, 21 September 2020 by Trevoru (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
P1100566.JPG

Lloyd's (Newport) Ltd, Cambrian Brewery, Cambrian Road, Newport, Gwent.

Registered November 27th 1895 as Lloyd & Yorath Ltd. to acquire William Yorath & Son and J L Lloyd & Co. Ltd, wine and spirit merchants, High Street, Newport.

Operated by William Henry Gregory until acquired by Yorath & Sons in 1877.

Name changed as above in 1946.

Acquired by Ansells Brewery Ltd. with 120 houses in 1951 and closed in 1961.

List of Lloyd's (Newport) Ltd pubs

Lloyd & Yorath label xv.jpg

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 177,417
Description : Key with letters UA and Y's Newport Ales
Date of Application : 2/2/1894
Used Prior to 1870? : NO