Difference between revisions of "Lion Brewery Co. Ltd"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
'''history of the Lion statue :-
Revision as of 22:43, 21 May 2019
Lion Brewery Co. Ltd, Lion Brewery, Belvedere Road, Lambeth, London SE1
Originally known as Goding's Brewery. Registered April 1865.
Acquired by Hoare & Co. Ltd. 1923 and was closed.
In 1929 the London County Council offered the brewery to the Southern Railway as the site for a new terminus on the condition that they gave up Charing Cross Station, but this scheme was shelved in 1931. Brewery demolished 1949 to clear the site for the building of the Royal Festival Hall.
The history of the Lion statue is available a the following websites:-
An assortment of images of the brewery
Goding's Lion on the south side of Westminster Bridge: