John Woolston, Anchor Brewery, High Street, Rayleigh, Essex.
In 1879 acquired by John Woolston and George C Croft, previously at the City of London Brewery Co. Ltd. Their partnership was dissolved.
In January 1874 and Croft went on to purchase the Halesworth Brewery.
In June 1884 the executors of the late John Woolston sold the business to Henry Luker & Co. Ltd of Southend. Brewing may have continued until 1906, but certainly the depot closed in March 1917, due to wartime licensing restrictions.
Part of the site was later used as a dairy.