John Lees, King’s Head Inn, Market Place, Castle Donnington, Leicestershire.
In the middle part of the nineteenth century the King’s Head was run by Henry Ball, a victualler. In 1870, Henry Lees was described as a wholesale manufacturer of baby linen and ladies work baskets etc. and licensed victualler at the King’s Head and brewer in the Market Place. Henry Lees was still the brewer and victualler in 1874. The Lees family were also running the Cross Keys.
In 1877 John Lees had taken over brewing and was the brewer until 1887, although the address was shown as the Bell & Crown in the Market Place, but also later shown as Apesgate, which ran into the Market Place. The following year saw George Lees as the brewer until 1894, when Edward Lees was a brewery clerk. This seems to have been the end of brewing and the pub was then owned by CBB and later closed.