John James Allen

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 16:59, 19 May 2020 by Bhadmin (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Courtesy Roy Denison
Courtesy Rod Jones
The stable block at the rear of the brewery
Courtesy Rod Jones

John James Allen, Diamond Brewery, Folkestone Road, Maxton, Dover, Kent.

Brewery operated by George Chamer 1862 but Herbert Edwards Wright by 1874.

Above title assumed c.1880, changing the name from the Maxton to the Diamond Brewery.

Acquired by Edwin Dawes, late of the Standard Brewery, Long Sutton, in 1891.

Acquired by Thomas Phillips & Co. Ltd of West Malling in 1897 and resold to Alfred Leney & Co. Ltd. in 1912.

Brewing ceased 1916.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 97,797
Description : Dover pier
Date of Application : 14/5/1890
Used Prior to 1870? : NO