James Eadie Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
James Eadie Burton label zm.jpg
Eadie Bon Trent.jpg
Horse & Jockey, Congerstone 2011
Horse & Jockey, Congerstone

James Eadie Ltd, Cross Street, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire.

Founded by James Eadie in 1854. Registered in 1893 with 308 houses. In liquidation June 1896 and was reconstructed as a new company with 308 public houses.

Acquired by Bass, Ratcliff & Gretton Ltd in 1933 and brewing ceased. However, it appeared to continue subsequently as a management unit.

The brewery maltings in Park Street, built in 1887, were demolished in 1981.

The brewery features in The Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland by Alfred Barnard published 1890.

Images of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 11,919
Description : Cross in Circle
Date of Application : 22/5/1877
Used Prior to 1875? : 14 years

Registration No : 12,042
Description : Cross in circle in a label
Date of Application : 16/5/1877
Used Prior to 1875? : 14 years

Registration No : 325,843
Description : Magician (word)
Date of Application : 03/08/1910
Used Prior to 1875? : NO