James Aitken & Co (Falkirk) Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Revision as of 20:03, 11 May 2020 by Bhadmin (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
James Aitken Falkirk poster 01.jpg
Aitken falkirk1955.jpg
Aitken Falkirk 1943.jpg
Utd Caledonianaa.jpg
Utd Caledonian.jpg

James Aitken & Co (Falkirk) Ltd, 17 Lint Riggs, Falkirk (formerly Stirlingshire)

Founded by James Aitken in 1740. Registered June 1900.

In 1936, they acquired T. Y. Paterson & Co. Ltd of Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Acquired by United Caledonian Breweries Ltd (see Northern Breweries of Great Britain Ltd) in September 1960.

Brewing ceased in 1966, and the site is now occupied by a supermarket.

The brewery features in The Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland by Alfred Barnard published 1890.

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 9,371
Description  : Capital "A" & signature in full
Date of Application  : 26/10/1876
Used Prior to 1875?  : 12/13 years

Registration No  : 13,674
Description  : Peacock in a circle
Date of Application  : 14/11/1877
Used Prior to 1875?  : NO

Registration No  : 15,086
Description  : Youth in sea clutching life belt bearing A's pale ale
Date of Application  : 27/7/1878
Used Prior to 1875?  : NO

Registration No  : 187,662
Description  : Nun's head
Date of Application  : 17/05/1895
Used Prior to 1875?  : NO