Ind Coope (Burton)
Ind Coope Ltd, Station Street, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire
The Burton brewery was opened in 1856.
Registered in November 1886 as Ind Coope & Co. Ltd. In receivership January 1909 and was re-registered 1912 as Ind Coope & Co.(1912) Ltd. Name reverted to Ind Coope & Co. Ltd. 1923.
Renamed Allied Breweries in 1963. Allied off-loaded a 50% stake in its breweries to Carlsberg in 1993 to form Carlsberg-Tetley Brewing Ltd, and the remainder in 1997.
The Burton Brewery was sold to Bass in 1998 and is still brewing under the Molson-Coors banner.
The brewery in 1992. Photos: Jeff Sechiari: