Difference between revisions of "Hunt & Co"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 6: Line 6:
 
Hunt & Anderson listed in 1784, John Hunt in 1783, John and Edward Hunt listed from 1823 to 1859. Listed as '''Hunt & Co''' from 1867 to 1899.  
 
Hunt & Anderson listed in 1784, John Hunt in 1783, John and Edward Hunt listed from 1823 to 1859. Listed as '''Hunt & Co''' from 1867 to 1899.  
  
Acquired by [[Crowley & Co]]. 1902 and used as a depot until at least 1911.  
+
Acquired by [[Crowley & Co]] of Alton in 1902 and used as a depot until at least 1911. Maltings extant.
  
Date stone with "WHH 1868" on house, maltings extant.
+
Edward's son William Henry Hunt became a prominent local architect. His house at 36 West Street features two roundels in the spandrels on each side of the door arch: 'WHH' in entwined script on the left, and the date 1868 on the right.
  
 
[[category:Hampshire]]
 
[[category:Hampshire]]

Revision as of 17:24, 16 September 2020

Alresford Hunt 1989.jpg
Alresford Hunt 2.jpg

Hunt & Co, West Street, Alresford, Hampshire.

Hunt & Anderson listed in 1784, John Hunt in 1783, John and Edward Hunt listed from 1823 to 1859. Listed as Hunt & Co from 1867 to 1899.

Acquired by Crowley & Co of Alton in 1902 and used as a depot until at least 1911. Maltings extant.

Edward's son William Henry Hunt became a prominent local architect. His house at 36 West Street features two roundels in the spandrels on each side of the door arch: 'WHH' in entwined script on the left, and the date 1868 on the right.