Holt Brewery Co. Ltd
Holt Brewery Co. Ltd, 76 Holt Street, Gosta Green, Birmingham, West Midlands
John Raybould in 1877 brewing at the Holt Arms, 13 Lister Street.
Fulfords established as maltsters in 1819 and Henry C Fulford brewing in 1878 having previously been a retail brewer (see White Swan (Aston)).
On his death in 1886 the business was run by his brother-in-law WL Hodgkinson.
Registered February 1887 and was reconstructed on 19th March 1896.
Acquired by Ansells Brewery Ltd in 1934 with 250 houses but was not closed until 1974.
The former brewery offices, on the corner of Holt Street and Woodcock Street, were built and dated 1906. Between 1997 and 1999, this became a pub with microbrewery: Faculty & Firkin. There is a Holt squirrel in terracotta on this building, and faded painted brewery signs on the south elevation. Currently still a non-brewing pub named 'Gosta Green'.