Hawkes & Co
Hawkes & Co, Water Lane, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire.
Brewery built 1780.
Acquired by James Wigan, formerly of the Mortlake Brewery (see:Phillips, More & Co. Ltd), in 1876 but continued under the same name.
Acquired by Benskins Ltd. 1898 with 157 public houses.
The brewery seems to have remained in operation until 1921 and was continued as a depot until 1987.
Most buildings demolished 1992 but some remains to be seen.
An assortment of images of the brewery