Hardy's Kimberley Brewery Ltd
Hardy's Kimberley Brewery Ltd, Brewery Street, Kimberley, Nottinghamshire.
Founded in 1832 by Samuel Robinson and was acquired by William & Thomas Hardy in 1857. Registered May 1897 with 97 public houses. Merged with Hansons Ltd. in October 1930 and all brewing was concentrated here from 1932.
Name changed to Hardys & Hansons Ltd 1972.
Acquired by Greene King & Sons Ltd. in 2006 and brewing ceased on 11 December 2006. The maltings were listed grade 2 in 2008. The site was sold off in 2011, and there are proposals to develop the site for housing, including conversion of some of the historic brewery buildings.
The brewery features in The Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland by Alfred Barnard published 1890:
The brewery in 1980:
A selection of images of the brewery:
The following images were taken on a BHS Visit in 1994:
The following images were taken on a visit during the BHS AGM on 21 April 2006:
The brewery in September 2006. Courtesy Steve Peck:
The brewery in July 2015. Courtesy Steve Peck:
The brewery in December 2015. Courtesy Steve Peck:
From the site of Kimberley West Railway Station, December 2015. Courtesy Steve Peck: