Hambridge Brewery Ltd

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Hambridge.jpg

Hambridge Brewery Ltd, Hambridge, Somerset.

Founded 1780 and was owned by the Lang family until 1938.

In 1900, bought Henry Samuel Seiven of Curry Rivel. Registered December 1933 as H.M.Lang & Co. Ltd and was re-registered as above March 1940. Ceased brewing in 1953 to concentrate on cider making and 56 houses supplied with beer from Ind Coope Ltd. Finally fully acquired by Ind Coope (Halls) Ltd. in 1958. Used as a regional depot.

Some tied houses were sold to Bristol Brewery Georges & Co. Ltd. in return for reciprocal trading agreement.

An assortment of images of the brewery

An assortment of labels showing the products of the brewery.