Difference between revisions of "Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 8: Line 8:
 
<big>'''Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd''', ''Swan Brewery, 32-34 Park End Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire.''</big>
 
<big>'''Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd''', ''Swan Brewery, 32-34 Park End Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire.''</big>
  
Founded by 1646 as the Swan Brewery, Paradise Garden. Acquired by William Hall 1795.  
+
Founded by 1646 as the Swan Brewery, Paradise Garden. Acquired by William Hall 1795. Registered in December 1896 to acquire Hall & Co. From April 1899 all brewing was concentrated at the City Brewery.  
 
+
Registered in December 1896 to acquire Hall & Co. From April 1899 all brewing was concentrated at the City Brewery.  
+
  
 
Acquired with 300 tied houses by [[Allsopp & Sons Ltd]] in 1926 and brewing ceased.
 
Acquired with 300 tied houses by [[Allsopp & Sons Ltd]] in 1926 and brewing ceased.
Line 16: Line 14:
 
The Hall's brand was retained for many years afterwards, and many of their houses featured four wall-mounted tiles with the 'Hare' trade mark.
 
The Hall's brand was retained for many years afterwards, and many of their houses featured four wall-mounted tiles with the 'Hare' trade mark.
  
[[List of Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd pubs]]
+
* '''[[List of Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd pubs]]'''
 +
 
  
 
'''Views of the brewery'''
 
'''Views of the brewery'''

Revision as of 18:24, 30 May 2020

Messrs. Hall’s Oxford Brewery Ltd., New Maltings, Brewers’ Journal 15th February 1904
The brewery site in 1982
Halls Oxford (2).jpg
Halls Oxford letterhead.jpg
Halls.jpg
Halls Oxfordaa.jpg

Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd, Swan Brewery, 32-34 Park End Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire.

Founded by 1646 as the Swan Brewery, Paradise Garden. Acquired by William Hall 1795. Registered in December 1896 to acquire Hall & Co. From April 1899 all brewing was concentrated at the City Brewery.

Acquired with 300 tied houses by Allsopp & Sons Ltd in 1926 and brewing ceased.

The Hall's brand was retained for many years afterwards, and many of their houses featured four wall-mounted tiles with the 'Hare' trade mark.


Views of the brewery



Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 52,025

Description  : Rowing eight
Date of Application  : 15/8/1886

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO