Difference between revisions of "Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 31: Line 31:
'''An assortment of views of Hall's pubs'''
File:Lord Napier.jpg|Lord Napier
File:Marlborough 2.jpg|Marlborough Head, Littlemore
File:Marlborough Head Littlemore.jpg|Marlborough Head, Littlemore
File:Original 2aa.jpg|Original Swan
File:Original Swan.jpg|Original Swan
File:Red Lion Islip 2.jpg|Red Lion, Islip
File:Red Lion Islip.jpg|Red Lion, Islip
File:Saddlers Islip.jpg|Saddlers Arms, Islip
File:Temple Bar.jpg|Temple Bar
File:Trout Tadpole.jpg|Trout Tadpole
File:White Hart 2a.jpg|White Hart
File:Britannia Headington.jpg|Britannia, Headington
File:Britannia.jpg|Britannia, Headington
File:Britannia3.jpg|Britannia, Headington
File:Bullingdon Arms.jpg|Bullingdon Arms
File:Burton Ale Stores.jpg|Burton Ale Stores
File:Corner 2.jpg|Corner House, Headington
File:Corner House Headington.jpg|Corner House, Headington
File:OxonWeston BenJonson1.jpg|Ben Jonson, Weston-on-the-Green (Photo: Michael East)
File:OxonWeston BenJonson2.jpg|Ben Jonson, Weston-on-the-Green (Photo: Michael East)
{{Trade Mark |regno = 52,025|desc=Rowing eight|date=15/8/1886|seventy=NO}}
{{Trade Mark |regno = 52,025|desc=Rowing eight|date=15/8/1886|seventy=NO}}

Revision as of 16:57, 23 May 2020

Messrs. Hall’s Oxford Brewery Ltd., New Maltings, Brewers’ Journal 15th February 1904
The brewery site in 1982
Halls Oxford (2).jpg
Halls Oxford letterhead.jpg
Halls Oxfordaa.jpg

Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd, Swan Brewery, 32-34 Park End Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire.

Founded by 1646 as the Swan Brewery, Paradise Garden. Acquired by William Hall 1795.

Registered in December 1896 to acquire Hall & Co. From April 1899 all brewing was concentrated at the City Brewery.

Acquired with 300 tied houses by Allsopp & Sons Ltd in 1926 and brewing ceased.

The Hall's brand was retained for many years afterwards, and many of their houses featured four wall-mounted tiles with the 'Hare' trade mark.

List of Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd pubs

Views of the brewery

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 52,025

Description  : Rowing eight
Date of Application  : 15/8/1886

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO