Difference between revisions of "Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd"

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 24: Line 24:
File:Halls 1982.jpg
File:Halls 1982.jpg
File:Halls Oxford RD zmx (1).jpg |Courtesy Roy Denison
File:Halls Oxford RD zmx (2).jpg |Courtesy Roy Denison
File:Halls Oxford RD zmx (3).jpg |Courtesy Roy Denison

Revision as of 16:48, 23 May 2020

Messrs. Hall’s Oxford Brewery Ltd., New Maltings, Brewers’ Journal 15th February 1904
The brewery site in 1982
Halls Oxford (2).jpg
Halls Oxford letterhead.jpg
Halls Oxfordaa.jpg

Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd, Swan Brewery, 32-34 Park End Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire.

Founded by 1646 as the Swan Brewery, Paradise Garden. Acquired by William Hall 1795.

Registered in December 1896 to acquire Hall & Co. From April 1899 all brewing was concentrated at the City Brewery.

Acquired with 300 tied houses by Allsopp & Sons Ltd in 1926 and brewing ceased.

The Hall's brand was retained for many years afterwards, and many of their houses featured four wall-mounted tiles with the 'Hare' trade mark.

List of Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd pubs

Views of the brewery

An assortment of views of Hall's pubs

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No  : 52,025

Description  : Rowing eight
Date of Application  : 15/8/1886

Used Prior to 1870?  : NO