Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd
Hall's Oxford Brewery Ltd, Swan Brewery, 32-34 Park End Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire.
Founded by 1646 as the Swan Brewery, Paradise Garden. Acquired by William Hall 1795. Registered in December 1896 to acquire Hall & Co. From April 1899 all brewing was concentrated at the City Brewery.
Acquired with 300 tied houses by Allsopp & Sons Ltd in 1926 and brewing ceased.
The Hall's brand - as Hall's Oxford & West Brewery Company Limited - was retained for many years afterwards, and many of their houses featured four wall-mounted tiles with the 'Hare' trade mark. In 1984, they opened two small breweries in the West Country. See: Halls Plympton and Hall’s Nailsea Brewery.
Views of the brewery