Guinness

From Brewery History Society Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
P1100273.JPG
Dog's Head Guinness.jpg
Guinness label bb.jpg
Guinness label aa.jpg
Courtesy Roy Denison

Arthur Guinness Son & Co. Ltd, St.James's Gate, Dublin, Ireland.

Founded 1759 and registered October 1886.

In 1936, they opened a major brewery in West London. See Guinness (Park Royal). This brewery closed in 2005 and was demolished the year after.

In 1997, Guinness merged with Grand Metropolitan to create a new company, Diageo.


The Dublin brewery features in The Noted Breweries of Great Britain and Ireland by Alfred Barnard published 1890.


The St James's Gate Brewery, Dublin:

Historic Images:


An assortment of images taken during a BHS visit in 2015


An assortment of images of the famous Guinness advertising slogans

Entry in the Trade Mark Registry

Registration No : 4,473
Description : Harp
Date of Application : 1/4/1876
Used Prior to 1870? : 14 years


Registration No : 4,474
Description : Harp
Date of Application : 1/4/1876
Used Prior to 1870? : 14 years